[German] Two sounds -- how similar?

Charlotte powerfrau99 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 00:33:21 UTC 2010

I vote different--likely depends on where you are from (regional variations just like in the US)

The lips are in a different position--gerne--the corners of the lips are pulled back like for a smile, sides of the tongue meet the upper molars.

Köln, lips are pursed and tongue is more arched, although the sides of the tongue meet about the same spots...

Use of air feels different too...

"There are two ways to live -- one as if nothing is a miracle, the other is as if everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein