[German] Multi-Sensory Interactive Group Language Training

Andreas Stadler rain at meta-mind.de
Tue Jun 7 23:44:55 UTC 2011

very cool that you found this creative way of making it happen fast !

not being the most ressource-effective/elegant way,
hard-coding multiple subtitles with multiple re-encodings,
this technique certainly works nicely.

think there should be no audio loss,

using mplayer to dump audio stream of original content as flac or mp3 file,
and in last encode step use it as audio stream imput for mencoder.

"-dumpaudio -dumpfile <filename>" or "-novideo -dumpstream -dumpfile <filename>"

or

audio stream copy:
mencoder for input and output, with audio stream copy / no-reencode.

"-oac copy"

- - - -

recommend watching a not-before-seen movie in original language the first time,
so that non-conscious already knows what's happening in later langlearn views,
and learner can focus on foreign subtitles while watching.

Viel Spaß am Gerät !