[Hackability] Hello and welcome!

Zach organic_unity at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 21:38:34 UTC 2012

Hey all!
  Don't forget to click "reply all" or copy and paste "hackability at lists.noisebridge.net"  otherwise the email will just go to the one sender and it won't be a real list ;)

Can't wait to see your blog with all those pics and to start documenting on the internets some real scooter hacks!  Can you believe no one is doing this stuff ANYWHERE and putting it online??  It's hard to believe, but I guess we will have to pioneer this important step in making life easier for our bretheren!  I think mobility scooters and chairs are one of the highest achievements of technology today-- it's something so incredibly useful for people.  It's about time we document and reverse engineer stuff!

Liz, Susan, and myself were scooter hacking a bit yesterday and I'm very excited about this:

http://www.ti.com/product/bq2013h

A *very* sexy gas gauge all-in-one IC that incorporates current, voltage, temperature, and I think even some kind of charge state and/or cycling use ot determine the health of batteries.  All in a 14-pin SOIC!  It's nutty.  I think we could design a board for real cheap with this and make it plug into the charging port of scooters to give everyone a much needed battery life indicator (that doesnt suck like the ones on there).

Anyways, I'm down for the hackmeet of course, and I think the classroom sounds fine as long as we remove the tables and chairs so everyone has access.  Looking forward to meeting more like minded scooter hackers!

Zach