[haschool] Code for this evening.

Jason Dusek jason.dusek at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 22:31:04 UTC 2009

  This evening, we'll be implementing `cat`. Please obtain the
  source code from GitHub:

    http://github.com/jsnx/haschool/

  Once you are in the HaSchool project folder, you want to go
  to:

    ./Noisebridge/Session 02/core-utils/

  There is a little test you can run, `test/Cat.hs` (it will
  fail).

  You'll need a package to run the tests, `torch`. You can
  install it with Cabal, like so:

    cabal install torch

  Setting up Cabal and the Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compiler is
  just a matter of downloading things and running installers;
  most of you already have a development environment. I will
  help with installation at the class. Please, do not use the
  native package manager -- MacPorts, Apt, Yum -- to install
  Haskell tools (unless you are on Arch or, if you have the
  Haskell overlay, Gentoo).

--
Jason Dusek