[Longitude] Oh hai MQTT

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Oct 17 06:56:20 UTC 2013

Ari Lacenski wrote, On 2013-10-16 23:29:
> I feel these people are much further along with their effort than the
> best I could do. Goodnight repo?

Sort of. My knowledge of MQTT has only started to exist in the last 30
minutes. There doesn't seem to be any sort of way to manage who can see
your updates. If someone has access to the server you're pushing to,
they can see your updates.

The iOS client has recently implemented some sort of filtering, so you
are only displayed pointers for those you want to see. It doesn't seem
like the Android client does much other than figure out current location
and push that.

I'll play a little more with it tomorrow.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net