[ml] weekly meetings?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Tue Apr 13 21:43:50 UTC 2010

Noisebridge's process is "Just Fucking Do It."

Additionally, if someone wants to take over as list admin, let me know, and
I'll coordinate it with the NB ops folks.  I'm pretty absentee at this
point.

>From an email to Micah, off-list, slightly edited:

Just do it.  Pick a day and time, put it on the wiki and the officially
unofficial noisebridge calendar*, and then show up.  I wasn't a member when
I started the ML group the first time around =)

Welcome to do-ocracy!

8PM Wednesday always treated me well for attendance; the crafty people
(SCoW) are on the other side of the space from the classrooms.

Good luck!

* Search for Noisebridge on Google calendar, or maybe the Open Calendar on
the wiki thing has actually happened.  Dunno.  My guess is that gCal is
still the way to go.
--
/jbm

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Mike Schachter <mike at mindmech.com> wrote:

> One good approach may be to have our first new ML meeting
> at Noisebridge and skype you in.
>
> Josh Myer - I've never been to Noisebridge but live in SF and
> really want to get involved. There seems to be some interest
> in starting up the ML meetups again. What is the process for
> doing so? Would you be interested in coming too?
>
>   mike
>

> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Christoph Maier <
> cm.hardware.software.elsewhere at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 10:51 -0700, Mike Schachter wrote:
>> > Hi Machine Learning Enthusiasts!
>> >
>> > My name's Mike, I like Neuroscience, math, programming, and
>> > recently I've been getting into machine learning. Was hoping
>> > to come to one of your weekly meetings and hang out. Is there
>> > still a weekly meeting?
>>
>> Yes.
>> Conveniently for me, maybe not so convenient for you, it's at UCSD.
>>
>> My Mission Statement at the moment is to figure out how to collaborate
>> remotely with 2169 Mission.
>>
>> Christoph

Josh Myer 650.248.3796
josh at joshisanerd.com