[ml] HMM workshop?

Thomas Lotze thomas.lotze at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 18:16:09 UTC 2010

Brilliant!  Let's do it!  :)

On Aug 5, 2010 11:10 AM, "Mike Schachter" <mike at mindmech.com> wrote:

Hey guys (Erin, Tom, Glen, et. al),

I think 9pm is too late to be meeting up. I suggest we forgo next
week's 9pm meeting and put our heads together to give a nice 2 hour
HMM workshop/lecture set on Wednesday, August 19th, at 7:30pm. We
can advertise it on the ML list and noisebridge-discuss, and encourage
donations to Noisebridge for attendance to help pay their rent.

Here's the breakdown of what I think we could offer in that meeting:

Me/Anyone Else: The basic math behind Markov Processes and HMMs

Me/Erin/Erin's Speech Recognition Friend: Speech Recognition using HMMs

Tom: HMMs using R

Glen: HMMs in bioinformatics

Anyone else: ?

I feel like if we have two weeks to prepare something it'll give us time to
have good presentations and be worthwhile to everyone, what do you think?

  mike