[ml] Volunteer needed: computing Chance feature values using EC2

Andreas von Hessling vonhessling at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 21:39:26 UTC 2010

Thomas,
I've put a link to the dump download on the KDD wiki page -- the
file's md5 hash is 1e42ff64831d60cced16f5330b84f297.  The upload is
currently running, started at 2.36pm, may take half an hour or so.  It
contains sqlite dumps (start with sqlite <dbfilename>, then on the
command line type .read <dumpfilename>, but may/should also load into
other SQL engines. Contains Algebra ("a") and Bridge ("b") train/test
sets.

Please make sure in your output the rows kept in order.

IQ strength values are also already in these files;  they represent
the number of steps a student has attempted.

sqlite> .schema atest1
CREATE TABLE 'atest1' (
row INT,
studentid VARCHAR(30),
problemhierarchy TEXT,
problemname TEXT,
problemview INT,
problemstepname TEXT,
cfa INT,
iq REAL,
iqstrength REAL);

sqlite> .schema achance
CREATE TABLE "achance"(
problemstepname TEXT,
chance REAL,
chancestrength REAL
);

I'll be unavailable till 4pm, then back. Thanks!

Andy