[ml] KDD cup submission status

Andreas von Hessling vonhessling at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 23:42:51 UTC 2010

Thomas,

Have you finished joining the chance values into the steps?  If so,
where can I download this joined_tables.sql.gz file?
(the streams you provide are algebra only -- do you have bridge as
well?)  I would like to concatenate your merged results with the
number of skills feature I computed; will then provide this dataset.

FYI, I'm trying to run of of the incremental classifiers within weka:
I've started discretizing numeric values for Naive Bayes Updateable
classifier (http://weka.sourceforge.net/doc/weka/classifiers/bayes/NaiveBayesUpdateable.html,
also see http://weka.wikispaces.com/Classifying+large+datasets) using
something like this:  (need a lot of memory!)

java -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -cp weka.jar
weka.filters.unsupervised.attribute.Discretize
-unset-class-temporarily -F -B 10 -i inputfile -o outputfile

Similarly, one can then run the NB algorithm incrementally;  Haven't
done this yet but Thomas, this may be an alternative if MOA doesn't
work out.

Andy