[ml] Kaggle HIV update

David Faden dfaden at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 03:48:00 UTC 2010

Ah, that makes sense. Thank you. It looks like neither set of sequences has
any Us so they're both DNA?

> table(unlist(strsplit(d0$PR.Seq, "")))

    A     B     C     D     G     H     K     M     N     R     S     T
V     W     Y
97090     1 43476     4 61977     3   104   297     9  1334    59 67495
5   155   634

> table(unlist(strsplit(d0$RT.Seq, "")))

     A      B      C      D      G      H      K      M      N      R      S
     T      V      W      Y
376584      5 156864      5 196008     16    435    694    235   4207    210
213708      5    465   2523

I'm trying to take a quick look now at mapping these back to amino acids
using the table you linked, just giving up for the moment if something is
ambiguous or unknown.