[ml] recap, next meeting

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Wed Jun 23 05:40:13 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Thanks to Vikram for giving us an awesome tutorial on
PIG tonight! Very helpful.

PIG: http://hadoop.apache.org/pig/
Vikram's Scripts: http://github.com/voberoi/hadoop-mrutils

I'm going to tenatively say the next meeting is Wednesday,
June 30th, and 9:00pm. It seems to work for most people,
please reply and let us know if it doesn't!

Unless people decide otherwise, I'll present a short primer on
the following topics:

1) DNA Sequences, what they mean, how they're turned into proteins
2) HIV, how it works
3) Key proteins in HIV: Reverse Transcriptase, Protease
4) How we can start to analyze the DNA sequence data in the Kaggle HIV
competition
using sequence aligners

http://kaggle.com/hivprogression

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight, hope to see you next week!

  mike