[ml] tonight @ 9:00pm: DNA, brainstorming

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Wed Jun 30 21:31:27 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Tonight I'll be presenting a short thing about DNA, what
it encodes and so forth. I don't want to take up too much
time with it - like less than a 1/2 hour.

No biology background is necessary.

The interesting aspects of the data we're working with is
how to process it. It's high dimensional and has combinatorial
issues. We could cluster it, break it out into features, or do
something else. It's wide open, if people are interested we should
talk about various strategies to take this data and analyze it!

As usual - anyone who is interested in giving a presentation on
ANY topic is strongly encouraged to do so. Just send an email
out to the list or show up at a meeting and let everyone know.

See you tonight,

  mike