[ml] Slides and code for tomorrow: GLMs in R

David Faden dfaden at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 03:44:14 UTC 2010

Here's one guide on the differences between R and other languages: <
http://www.johndcook.com/R_language_for_programmers.html>. There are a few
bits that are misleading or inaccurate unfortunately, eg, R does have a
matrix type. I'd suggest going straight to <
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-intro.pdf> and <
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-lang.pdf> (also available under R's
help menu).

Also, an alternate way to install packages:

install.packages("MASS", dep=TRUE)