[ml] R workshop tonight: parameter and feature selection on spam dataset

mnsqerr mnsqerr at webmail.co.za
Wed Nov 10 18:33:48 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,
Tonight I will host an workshop on using Ridge and Lasso Regression to scale
the influence that particular features have on your prediction.  We will also
briefly discuss Best Subset Selection.

The sample code has been checked into our git repo in the subdirectory
R_Ridge-Lasso.  There is a link to a spam dataset in the comments of the code.
git clone
git://ml-noisebridge.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/ml-noisebridge/ml-noisebridge

Remember that we are starting this talk at 8:15, not the usual 7:30.  We can
take some time to discuss the Stanford lecture problems if people want to do
that at 7:30.
See you tonight!

-Erin

South Africas premier free email service - www.webmail.co.za