[ml] meeting notes, random forests

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Thu Apr 14 19:09:42 UTC 2011

Hey everyone,

Thanks to Anthony from Kaggle for presenting last night, very
informative. If anyone is interested in meeting notes I took some:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Machine_Learning_Meetup_Notes:2011-4-13

He also offered to post his slides at some point, which would
be awesome.

One synergistic thing that came up was people successfully using
random forests in Kaggle competitions. Since the Kinect paper
refers to using random forests too, I'll try to focus a bit on random
forests in general next week, and then how they're used in the
kinect to estimate joint positions and poses.

If anyone is familiar with random forests, hit me up! We should
give a joint presentation next week.

See you next week,

  mike