[ml] Performance Analysis & Model Validation Workshop Monday August 15th

Clay Woolam clay at woolam.org
Tue Aug 9 03:35:18 UTC 2011

Hey folks, I'm planning on doing a performance analysis workshop on August
15th at 7pm. It can be an experiment with the new Monday meeting time.

I'll start with intro to some high level ideas on performance analysis,
model selection, and validation and then demo the awesome ROCR library for
R. It should be great info for anyone that isn't familiar with ROC analysis
and other techniques.

info about Receiver Operating Characteristic curves
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Receiver_operating_characteristic

ROCR package
http://rocr.bioinf.mpi-sb.mpg.de/