[ml] opencv tonight

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Wed Jan 19 20:34:11 UTC 2011

Hey everyone,

Nothing specific planned for tonight, but for anyone that's
interested I'd like to introduce you to OpenCV, a computer
vision package:

http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/

Computer vision is an extension of digital image processing,
and involves things like motion detection, object recognition,
contour detection, segmentation, and other such awesome
things. Our brains devote a huge amount of space to processing
visual images, more than any other sensory area, if that's
any indication of it's importance.

I'm not going to present anything, but will encourage installation
of OpenCV and discussion about some of it's features. It's a
stable and widely used package and would benefit anyone to
know about.

See you tonight!

  mike