[ml] Google Search by Image

Brian Morris cymraegish at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 02:50:54 UTC 2011

Hi, I heard Google's Chief Engineer for Search today on NPR Science Friday,
saying that as of a week ago you can drag an image into the google search
box and it will show you images of the same kind, as in What (object
recognition) and Where (place location) but not Who (face recognition).

Trying to try it on my Mac and when I drag a jpg into the search bar Firefox
just displays the picture.

I uploaded a couple pictures then via

http://www.google.com/insidesearch/searchbyimage.html
[click on the camera icon and then on "upload"]

Works. Best for similar images for me was a landscape of a sunset. Sometimes
I got a list of links containing the image.