[ml] monday 7/21: applied probability in python and gibbs sampling for RBMs?

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Wed Nov 16 20:52:10 UTC 2011

Hey everyone,

I want to give a preliminary workshop on Monday that deals
with sampling from probability distributions in python,
using scipy.

But also, we've talked in the past about restricted
boltzmann machines, which are in general a subset
of Ising models:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ising_model

I'd like to start by talking about sampling from probability
distributions, and then go into a technique for sampling
from an Ising model, one called Gibb's sampling:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibbs_sampling

Anyone interested? I'll make a more formal announcement
if I can get a "yes" or two.

  mike