[ml] Interest for Hadoop Talk?

Edward Fine edward.fine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 20:28:12 UTC 2012

Could you cover the mechanics of how to set up an something like an EC2
instance, load your data and start running a project?  I would love a
hackers perspective on getting going.

Also, any chance you could move it back a week.  I am going to be at an
analytics industry conference<http://www.biganalytics2012.com/sessions.html>
.
Thanks,
Ed
On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM, Jared Dunne <jareddunne at gmail.com> wrote:

> ML Folks-
>
> Is there any interest out there for Hadoop talk?  I was tentatively
> thinking about doing it Thursday, April 19th, 7:30pm in Church classroom.
>
> I would love to give an overview of the Hadoop framework and related
> technologies, then walk you all through a few sample jobs.
>
> I've been hacking away in Map Reduce on Hadoop for the last 6 months for
> work. I'm free to discuss my project domain, Hadoop experiences, and demo
> some of its components.
>
> I'd also be happy to explore how your big data problems might benefit from
> Hadoop.
>
> Let me know if you're interested and in which area(s).
>
> Jared-

Ed Fine
(650) 400-3437
@afinefellow
edward.fine at gmail.com

We have not succeeded in answering all our problems.  The answers we have
found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions.  In some ways we
feel we are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a higher
level and about more important things.
-Posted outside the mathematics reading room, Tromsø University