[ml] Introduction to Hadoop talk - Thursday 5/3 7:30PM

Jared Dunne jareddunne at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 06:59:41 UTC 2012

On Thursday, May 3rd, I will present an "Introduction to Hadoop" talk
to the Noisebridge Machine Learning group.  It will begin at 7:30PM in
Noisebridge's Church classroom (back NE corner of 2169 Mission St.).

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Machine_Learning#Next_Meeting

I've geared a few slides to the usual ML audience, but overall the
talk will be very approachable for a general technical audience.  All
are welcome.

Overview of Topics:
   * MapReduce Introduction
   * Hadoop Introduction
   * Best Practices & Anti-Patterns
   * Cloudera Stack Overview
   * Machine Learning & Hadoop Overview
   * My Hadoop Project: Deep Space
   * Transitive Closure Example from Deep Space
   * Getting Started with Cloudera
   * Questions & Discussions Throughout

If anyone has specific topics or questions that they'd like addressed,
then please drop me a line with your suggestions.  For example, two
popular requested topics have been "Relevancy to existing relational
DB projects" & "Quick Start Tips".

Jared-