[ml] Interest for Hadoop Talk?

Jared Dunne jareddunne at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 07:51:09 UTC 2012

ML Folks-

Is there any interest out there for Hadoop talk?  I was tentatively
thinking about doing it Thursday, April 19th, 7:30pm in Church classroom.

I would love to give an overview of the Hadoop framework and related
technologies, then walk you all through a few sample jobs.

I've been hacking away in Map Reduce on Hadoop for the last 6 months for
work. I'm free to discuss my project domain, Hadoop experiences, and demo
some of its components.

I'd also be happy to explore how your big data problems might benefit from
Hadoop.

Let me know if you're interested and in which area(s).

Jared-