[ml] decision trees / random forests?

Mike Schachter mike at mindmech.com
Tue Jan 3 22:08:38 UTC 2012

Hi Glenn!

We have given a workshop on random forests in the
past, the slides can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dcbvcg62_126d7xpmtf8

There is source code in the git repository that uses
random forests to do digit recognitiion. The git repo
itself can be checked out like this:

git clone git://ml-noisebridge.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/ml-noisebridge/ml-noisebridge

You can find the random forest example in:

ml-noisebridge/workshops/randomForests_handwriting/rf_semeion.R

To use randomForests in R, you need to install the package
that can be located here:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/randomForest/index.html