[ml] has ml held any recent meetings at noisebridge?

Mike Schachter mschachter at eigenminds.com
Wed Apr 3 21:45:32 UTC 2013

Hey Miloh! Sadly, there are not any NB affiliated projects or classes being
worked on or in the queue that I know of.

So... what happened? Over the past few years people have been giving
classes, including myself, but that tapered off. Part of the reason is that
this year I stopped giving classes and encouraging others to do so. That's
because I'm in my busiest year of grad school and am so completely
inundated with work that I can't allocate time. It's kind of a bummer, but
I hope that it's not a long term thing.

The last time I checked, there were like 60-70 people on this mailing list.
So, what the fuck everybody!? Consider giving an ML class some time, on
your work, or some project that interests you. It will help you meet smart
people, give you added insight into your own work, and provide a
significant benefit to others. If you want to hold a class, announce it and
add it to the ML wiki page:

https://www.noisebridge.net/index.php?title=Machine_Learning

I guess in the absence of somebody(ies) stepping up and doing something,
you might as well take the ML meetup off the calendar.

 mike