[ml] tonight's meetup

Mike Schachter cubicgoats at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 00:23:46 UTC 2013

Hi everyone, thanks in advance for those who are going to come out tonight!

I abandoned sage cloud (but not sage), and have my own server running for
tonight's lessons. You can create a user account, and access two published
worksheets here:

http://54.241.198.71  (login screen)

http://54.241.198.71/home/pub/2/  (intro to numpy)

http://54.241.198.71/home/pub/1/  (intro to arms exports)

DO NOT USE YOUR NORMAL PASSWORD FOR YOUR USER LOGIN! It is not secure. The
server will be wiped clean around midnight tonight and disappear forever -
I can't afford to keep it running. You are welcome to download the
worksheets and install SAGE locally (http://www.sagemath.org/). It's pretty
easy to do.

Tonight's lesson is for beginners, but if you're not a beginner, you should
come out anyway. I expect to break up the meeting into 2 groups - those
willing to learn and teach, and those looking to network and collaborate on
projects. Myself and the teachers will go through the worksheets with the
students, while those interested in project collaboration can sit at a
table and work through their data and ideas.

Looking forward to tonight!

 mike