[ml] intro machine learning meetup: Thursday 12/19 @ 7:00pm

Sam Tepper sam.tepper at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 00:07:40 UTC 2013

Sadly, I will be unable to attend, as I'm away for the holidays.
Hopefully someone will be able to post notes to fill in myself and
others like me.

I wanted to propose a mini-project to investigate, improve, and create.
I recently had my attention drawn to the awesome power that is noisebot
<https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebot>.  Apprently it's a stock rbot
<http://ruby-rbot.org/rbot-trac/wiki> implimentation that noisebridge
has on its irc channel, which uses hidden markov models and a whole
bunch of other interesting modules.

Unfortunately, it's written in Ruby, and I'm not sure how easy it would
be to access and change directly.  So I'd recommend people to check it
out, see what it can do and what it can do better, and think about
whether you might be interested in working on something like it, either
by improving the code (Ruby) or creating a new and improved Python/Sage
Noisebot 2.0

Anyway, that's just an idea, but I thought it might be nice to check out
what Noisebridge machine learning implementations we are already using,
especially one as multi-faceted and public-facing as this.

Cheers,
Sam