[EEG] Re: [Noisebridge-discuss] Anyone interested in building EEG controlled robots?

Jean Rintoul jean.rintoul at gmail.com
Mon May 4 23:12:32 UTC 2009

P300 speller is just one of the examples it comes with. You can code up your
own system and plug it into their framework, giving it plenty of room for
expansion into new areas. You can run your own bizarro filters/matrix
transformations through mex files and everything.

Now I have BCI2000 running on a windows instance on my laptop. Looks like
there is a lot to learn about how to use it and it's very configurable. It
can import files from eeglab too which is rather handy. It has quite a few
little mini programs including one which looks very similar to actiview(the
BioSemi DataAcquisition software) for viewing and recording data, and even
has a mini stimulis presentation program(akin to E-prime or presentation)
with good time syncing(important). It works with most currently available
eeg systems out there, including Modular EEG(which is OpenEEG) - which is
this. BCI2000 is already able to work with OpenEEG hardware. This seems
good.

Mac and Linux ports are due out later this year.
This thing may be a good way to record tons of data to make intelligent
classifiers to do cool stuff and control robots with?

Jean
(I was also doing a quick review of BCI2000 for work so it seemed relevant
to post here as well)