[EEG] More one Emotiv SDK pricing

Jean Rintoul jean.rintoul at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 00:26:50 UTC 2009

Heya,

Yeah. You can pay extra, and get the raw EEG exposed - buy the Research SDK.
Basically, Emotiv has no money, and is trying to find a way to recover a
loss by selling different levels of the headset. Oneday, they will just
release the Raw EEG off the bat in the regular version. If you ask me, the
most significant development is actually Emotiv's Research SDK. It's this
little C++ infrastructure thing, which allows you to directly compile matlab
code into it which is pretty sweet for testing different EEG algorithms in
real-time.

I tried the Neurosky headset at a GDC a while ago, and more recently I was
of the understanding that they did some kind of deal with Mattel and came up
with this: http://company.neurosky.com/products/mattel-mindflex/ They hide
the raw EEG moreso than Emotiv, in that it isn't released at all.

Jean