[EEG] open eeg/ocz nia "success"

Josh Bailey josh at anarkiwi.com
Tue Oct 6 01:18:05 UTC 2009

I've been addicted to our proprietary goo for too long. Will kick the
habit.

OK. Sounds like there could be a need to write some pythonic toolkit that
reads from neuroserver/EDF files and "finds/plots interesting things".
Where interesting things are defined by people like Kelly - yes?

If so I don't have a problem signing up to do something like that? Have a
feeling I would be reinventing the wheel though? Seems silly to have
everyone essentially just fft'ing again and again using language of the
moment. What am I missing here?

For the layman it seems a lot of the software out there just finds/plots
interesting things, based on the authors' opinion, with varying degrees of
configurability. Need some layer of abstraction.

My one other friend doing serious heavy duty EEG complains a lot about
there being no nice software suite (she says, I wouldn't know better, and
she's a professor and I am not), and research boils down to writing a lot
of glue and mathematica.

--
Josh Bailey (josh at anarkiwi.com)