[Neuro] possible target brain structures for tdcs induced wakefulness

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:59:43 UTC 2012

This paper has really cool recordings:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0304394010011857
But basically just focuses on "thalamus probably regulates sleep
related LFP oscillations in some way". Note also that "coherence" is a
non-directional measure, so the causality they discuss is purely
hypothetical.

Why are you interested in the thalamus's role in sleep regulation?
aside from having an implant (like the people in that study), there is
little potential application at this point. It's a very interesting
brain region though. There's a lot of interesting consciousness
literature on it.

-K