[Neuro] fmri

Jonathan Toomim jtoomim at jtoomim.org
Mon Jul 2 04:55:23 UTC 2012

I'm the one doing the fNIRS stuff. I sometimes look at this list.

The fNIRS stuff I'm doing is more of a business than a project.
Closed-source hardware, etc. Not really looking for help with it, unless
you want to work on the software (which is open source).

Atmel makes mediocre analog-to-digital converters. For EEG/brainwave
stuff, having a good analog-to-digital converter is pretty important. I
suggest you not use the Arduino's ADC for EEG. A good sigma-delta ADC
(or perhaps an SAR) will make things work much better. For my fNIRS
project, I use these guys:
http://www.analog.com/en/processors-dsp/analog-microcontrollers/aduc7061/products/product.html
It's a 32-bit ARM7 microcontroller with dual 24-bit sigma-delta ADCs.
I've got about two dozen extras of their $25 dev kits. Not as easy to
use as an Arduino, though.

Jonathan