[Neuro] 3D Printing Brains!

Tracy Jacobs kinetical at comcast.net
Wed May 30 02:11:29 UTC 2012

Hi Kelly and everybody,

I just LOVE this idea!   Thanks for promoting it and making the wiki
page Kelly.  What a great way to learn about 3-d printing.  The brain
scan I have , and I do have one, is on film.  Do you think there is a
way I could use it by scanning  it or something?

Mold-making is something I am good at.  So, if we get through making a
3-d printed model, I can take it from there.  I'd be happy to teach
everybody how to make a food safe silicone mold for chocolate.
Silicone would be better than latex, because he's talking about
putting six or eight  coats of latex on something, and each one has to
set up, so it takes too long.  Silicone on the other hand, is a fast
one step deal, and you can all try out the vaccuum degasser I happen
to have (borrowed), which is really fun to use.

Tracy