[Neuro] computational neuroscience course on coursera

John Hurliman jhurliman at jhurliman.org
Thu Jan 9 19:29:11 UTC 2014

I completed the previous session of Computational Neuroscience and highly
recommend it, from the perspective of both a beginning student of ML and a
general interest in the brain. My previous disclaimer still applies:

"I took this class in the summer and highly recommend it to anyone who's
interested. My only critique is that the requirements ("Familiarity with
basic concepts in linear algebra, calculus, and probability theory.") are
slightly understated. You can get through the class with that level of
knowledge, but a lot of the math in the second half of the course will be
somewhat opaque without an understanding of differential equations."

With Mike offering assistance though, any math knowledge gaps could easily
be overcome.