[Noisebridge-announce] Instructables is giving away a laser cutter

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Apr 7 23:31:26 UTC 2009

Instructables does this every now and again.  There are always contests
running and luckily I'm not on the outreach team so I don't have to let
you know about every little thing.  But a laser cutter... well a laser
cutter is something worth talking about.

This is the prize: http://www.epiloglaser.com/zing_laser.htm

Here's all the contest info:
http://www.instructables.com/contest/epilogchallenge/

Basically it's open to anyone anywhere, except Intructable employees
(i.e., me).  You enter by creating an Instructable, and for this contest
it has to have "a green twist".  That's the only requirement.

>From a secret internal memo: "The deadline for the laser cutter contest
is less than 2 weeks away, and the level of entries so far has been
mediocre."

This means the field is wide open.  I feel sure a Noisebridger (or a
team) could win this.

Rachel

Disclaimer: I work for Instructables.  I do believe this is of general
interest but if not, please let me know and I will not post this kind of
thing ever again.