[Noisebridge-announce] New Director Needed

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Jun 16 18:09:03 UTC 2009

Hello all,

One of our esteemed initial board of directors, Noah Balmer, has
resigned (some time ago, in fact, and I'm only now getting around to
handling it...). This means we need to have a general election.  There
are particular rules about how to do this in accordance with CA law, but
I'd like to make sure our consensus process makes the actual decision.
So here's how I think we should proceed:

1. Nominate one or more dedicated souls
2. Discuss on-list, on IRC, in person, at meetings, until we decide who
the next director should be
3. Have a voting meeting according to the legal requirements[1] to make
it official

Here is a wiki page: https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/2009_New_Director.
 If you know someone who a) would do a good job of being a director of
Noisebridge, and b) is actually willing to do it, put their name down.
Please don't nominate people without getting their consent -- and if
someone nominates you and you don't want to be a director, take your
name down.

I will manage this process unless someone else wants to do so :)  Feel
free to provide input and feedback and criticism as well, of course,
even if you aren't going to do any of the work.

Rachel

[1] the Bylaws contain the legal requirements,
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Bylaws