[Noisebridge-announce] Machine Learning Wednesday, 8PM

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Wed Jun 24 19:07:24 UTC 2009

Hey folks, it's time once again for Machine Learning Wednesday.  As
usual, we don't presume background, just some basic programming
ability.

This week, we'll be going over the Viterbi algorithm, as part of the
WiiMote project.  It feels like we're spending a lot of time talking
about Hidden Markov Models, but don't totally grok them; this is how
we're going to get there.  This will also include a bit of coverage on
dynamic programming, a valuable strategy for amortizing computational
cost via memoization (if your problem is amenable).

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viterbi_algorithm

is a good thing to review if you have a chance today; otherwise, we'll
talk about it tonight.

(Also this week, we're welcoming our new francophone neighbors, so
please be kind/understanding.  I'll try to focus on leading instead of
learning French, I swear.)
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com