[Noisebridge-announce] Machine Learning project: wii gesture recognition

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Sat May 23 22:42:16 UTC 2009

This week, ML Wednesday will start its first actually useful project:
recognizing gestures from the Wii remote.  For some context, here's a
demo of a commercial product in action:

  http://fwiineur.blogspot.com/2008/05/gesture-recognition-with-wiimote.html

There are also a lot of links to projects on that page, but the most
promising one is wiigee:

  http://www.wiigee.org/index.html

They've solved the problem in an open source library, but it's all
Java.  It would be helpful to redo some of the work ourselves and gain
some experience working with this kind of data and problem.

If you're interested in this project, come out Wednesday night at 8PM.
I'll have data capture working that night, and we can start talking
about feature extraction and possible machine learning techniques for
the problem.  If your project could use this kind of technology, let
us know, and we'll keep you in the loop on progress.
--
Josh Myer   650.248.3796
  josh at joshisanerd.com