[Noisebridge-announce] Anti/Surveillance Fashion Show Call for Participation

Rachel McConnell rachel at xtreme.com
Tue Apr 13 19:47:20 UTC 2010

Constantly under the lens of the camera, fashion is a natural form in
which to explore the relationship between surveillance and culture. How
are we watched? How do we watch?  How do we present ourselves to the
eyes of the world?

I'd like to introduce a fashion show being organized for Maker Faire San
Mateo, May 22&23 2010.  We are showcasing wearables
that can be used for surveillance or to thwart surveillance.

Full details are at
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Anti_Surveillance_Fashion_Show, and
that page will be updated with more information and a list of
participants as they are finalized. You can also email
fashion at synthesize.us with specific questions.

Please forward this widely!  Particularly if you know or have heard of a
project that would fit the theme.

Thank you for reading,
Rachel McConnell
Jonathan Moore