[Noisebridge-announce] Five Minutes of Fame - August 19th, 2010 8pm

aestetix aestetix aestetix at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 02:04:41 UTC 2010

Greetings Noisebridge!

We are pleased to announce the monthly "Five Minutes of Fame", scheduled for
this Thursday, August 19th, at 8pm at Noisebridge. Bring yourself, your
friends, your pet alien, and ping pong balls to throw at the speakers.

In addition to the talks, this month we'll be hosting a tasting snack for
everyone, courtesy of Frantisek Apfelbeck. Please reach out to him if you
would like to help prepare the dish or otherwise support his cooking
project.

All speakers have been notified, and the current schedule is as follows*:

King Henry VIII:
"Summa Theologica" (Richard Dawkins)
"Dumb is Good: Thoughts on Anti-Intellectualism" (Al Sweigart)
"How to Run a Barcamp" (Carl Sue)
"Android University" (Ozzy Satori)
"Experiments in Energy Harvesting" (Amber Lee)
"Legalization Now: Using Business to Empower Consumers" (Jehan Tremback)

Sir Thomas More:
"Life saving Food Cultures" (Frantisek Apfelbeck)
"Kombucha, My Lord, Kombucha" (Naomi Most)
"The Gaiety Project" (Cameron Eng)
"Making Music With a Phone" (Doctor Popular)
"The Open Primer Project" (Alex Peake)
"Manufacturing Dissent" (Quinn Norton)

I want to extend thanks to all the speakers, but especially all the people
who have been showing up and make this event a success. Without all of you,
it would not be able to happen.

aestetix

*schedule is subject to change, although the date/time/location will remain
the same.