[Noisebridge-announce] Arduino workshop starting up again this Thursday

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 01:53:02 UTC 2010

Arduino workshop at Noisebridge!

What:

Learn how to use Arduino hardware and software, develop your skills,
work on your Arduino project, show off your Arduino project, get answers
and suggestions to your Arduino problems or questions

     * For absolute beginners, I, and others, will help you install, set
up, and write your first Arduino program

     * For intermediate beginners, we will help you as you work through
the included exercises to help you develop you knowledge, skill, and
confidence

     * For those interested in hardware, we will build our own either
from kits such as RBBB or Volksduino, or from scratch on a block of
wood. The original breadboarding!!

     * For those interested in other things, a playgroup environment
will provide encouragement, support, assistance, and an opportunity to
share.

Who: Michael Shiloh has taught hundreds of people how to have fun with
Arduino

When: See Current Events.

What should you bring?

To get the most out of the workshop, you want to participate in the
activity. This requires a laptop and an Arduino. You might use one of
the public computers at Noisebridge.

Arduino: Either bring your own or I'll have the standard Duemilanove for
sale at $30 each. NOTE: I AM CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK!

Any accessories such as sensors or actuators that you wish to experiment
with. If you have none, you can borrow from the Arduino junkbox, which
also accepts donations of same.

Want to save time?

Download, and, if you can, try to install the Arduino IDE from
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Questions? Comments? michael AT teachmetomake DOT com

Cost: Free, but donations to the space and/or to the instructor are
accepted to support this kind of work

--
Michael Shiloh
KA6RCQ