[Noisebridge-announce] "Exit Through The Gift Shop" Screening Nov 4th, 8PM

Niket Desai niket.de at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 08:51:10 UTC 2010

Hello Everyone,

You are all cordially invited to A Night of Spray Paint and Popcorn: "Exit
Through the Gift Shop" screening @noisebridge (2169 Mission Street, SF CA).

Please prepare yourself for a night of street art discussion, viewing, and
creation on November 4th starting at 07:25PM (19:25). We will be screening
Banky's "Exit Through the Gift Shop" - a street art disaster movie. The
screening will be preceded by a discussion of modern street art and it's
impact on culture today. After the screening, we will have spray paint,
stencil kits, and other items to create our own street art right in the
noisebridge premises!

Please bring your creative minds for a great screening that will provide
some level of insight (for better or worse) in the art form that plagues
city buses, but lightens up city landscapes.

Agenda:
19:25 - Street Art Discussion
20:05 - "Exit Through the Gift Shop" screening (runtime: 89mins)
21:40 - Make Street Art

A Google Calendar event will be created soon (link to
calendar<http://www.google.com/calendar/b/0/embed?src=vo3i3c0qtjnkjr2ojasd0ftt8s@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles>)
so please be sure to respond so we can get expected attendance. I need to
know how much Popcorn and Paint to bring!

Find information on this film (so you are prepared to talk about it) here:

Movie Website: http://www.banksyfilm.com/
Official Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0b90YppquE
IMDB Webpage: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1587707/
<http://www.banksyfilm.com/>

All in all, I hope you enjoy a great film - it truly is a work of art (see
what I did there...) Email me directly (email <niket.de at gmail.com>) or visit
the Wiki Page <https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/User:Niket> for updates and
information.

Cheers,

Niket Desai

---
Donations are welcome to cover the cost of popcorn and paint, but we'd much
rather have you just come and participate!