[Noisebridge-announce] Safety Third Wednesday

Rachel Lyra Hospodar rachel at fernworks.net
Mon Sep 13 20:07:59 UTC 2010

Hi All!

I am planning an inaugural shop/safety day to see if there is an
interest.  My goal is to make myself available to people to help them to
learn:

-how to use specific tools properly
-general shop/working safety
-how to design or build a shop project

We can also discuss some larger-scale shop projects and see if there is
interest. (anyone want to build a vacuum-forming machine, used to form
sheet plastic to a mold? http://www.tk560.com/vactable4.html)

This will take place at Noisebridge from 6:30-8pm on Weds, Sept 15.
There is an interesting talk at 8 - we should try to wrap up noisy
activities by then so I can go hear it.

I spent the better part of a decade as a carpenter, welder,
lay-engineer, and manager of such.  If you are curious about a
particular tool, material, process, or want to do something and are not
sure what tools or materials to use, I can help you.  I can also help
with structural engineering for dummies, using patented NapkinCAD
technology.  If there is interest, i can bring in a textbook that
teaches how to simplify structural engineering problems till there is no
calculus involved.

Calendar listing:

Wednesday, September 15, 18:30-20:00 Safety Third Wednesday: learn how
to use a shop tool, learn how to build a thing, talk about building
things, get advice on how to build something, actually build something.