[Noisebridge-announce] Weekly general meeting tonight at Noisebridge, 8pm.

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 19:34:41 UTC 2011

The weekly general meeting is happening tonight at 8PM (we will hold the
meeting approx. 15 minutes if expected attendees are delayed).

Tonight is a good time to get introduced to Noisebridge if you have been
meaning to come by.  There's ~30 minute meeting and ~15 minute tour for new
folks, and time for more extended meeting discussion if necessary.

Tonight's meeting notes (please edit these notes if you have announcements
or edits to events listed):
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2011_08_30

Last week's meeting notes:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Meeting_Notes_2011_08_23
Of note:  Lots of new faces last week (and for the last few months), a group
interested in starting a Hacker Mom hackerspace in Oakland, CA. , and
discussion about streamlining the hiatus members process.

Currently there are no items up for consensus, which makes for a potentially
a short community meeting.
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Current_Consensus_Items

Thanks!

-Ronald Miloh Alexander

ps
Here's a bunch of Noisebridge related announcements I've been saving up:

---==DID YOU SEE THE BILLBOARDS?==--
Something like 25 billboards are up around the bay area, and Noisebridge is
on them!  Time to break out the advance notices, planning, and attention to
detail. People are starting to show up and say they heard about Noisebridge
from 'A BILLBOARD'!
If you like this, please help out Mitch Altman with the funding (see the
table at the end of the wiki page), and spread the word:
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Billboard

Hackerdojo, Techshop, make magazine, and the San Jose Tech Museum
http://wiki.hackerdojo.com/w/page/25437/FrontPage
http://techshop.ws/
http://makezine.com
http://www.thetech.org/

--==DOWNTIME OR DRAGTIME?==--
http://status.noisebridge.net/cgi-bin/smokeping.cgi?target=www-noisebridge-net

---==MELANGE CONSENSUAL==--

There's a thread about consensus started on the hackerspaces.org discuss
list, I'm working on a reply that includes links, history and some examples
of Noisebridge's use of consensus.  Does anyone have anything to add about
consensus patterns at Noisebridge or San Francisco at large?
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/pipermail/discuss/2011-August/004400.html

references for the above:
--discuss
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/

--==MORE LINKLOADING==--
Here's some linkage I'm putting together on consensus streams

The progressive consensus stream:
Keith McHenry, Food Not Bombs, coops, & quaker meetings
http://www.foodnotbombs.net/speaker_consensus.html  don't make me sic a
Keith McHenry on you!
http://books.google.com/books?id=yqZQ6X9aln0C&dq=consensus&sitesec=reviews
(we have this book at Noisebridge, read it! -- Look at the reviews! :-P)

The Free & Libre software/internet consensus stream  (look ma!  Consensus by
MAILING LISTS!)
IETF rfc2418   http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2418
Dao of IETF (see section 5.2)
http://www.ietf.org/tao.html#getting.things.done