[Noisebridge-announce] Adobe Lightroom class - Thursday March 3rd, 19:00

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Thu Feb 24 19:28:38 UTC 2011

What: Adobe Lightroom class
When: Thursday March 3rd, 19:00
Where: Noisebridge - main couch area
Cost: Free, duh

Adobe Lightroom is an application for Mac and Windows that takes many of
the photo management features of Adobe Bridge and throws in much of the
powerful photo orientated tools of Photoshop. Lightroom also is a
nondestructive photo editor, meaning that when you import an original
photo the file will never get overwritten with any changes you do from
inside the application.

To learn more about Lightroom and also grab a free 30 day trial, check
out their site...

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

I've been using Lightroom for about 3 years now and have a very detailed
work flow. Much of the learning curve with an application like this is
reworking how you deal with your photos/files, finding out how many of
the tools work and figuring what happens behind the UI. I'm still
learning new things every day about what Lightroom can do, but would be
happy to share much of my knowledge and walk through how my work flow
functions and why I do certain things.

The upcoming class will involve a quick run through on everyday life
with Lightroom, from import, organization, development, metadata, export
and will be about 2 hours long.

Interested? Add your name to the list.

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Adobe_Lightroom#Who.27s_interested

I think I'll most likely do another class two or three weeks after this
one. So if you miss it there'll be more.

--
Rubin Abdi
rubin at starset.net