[Noisebridge-announce] Noisebridge: In-Depth

Zedd Epstein zedd.00 at gmail.com
Wed May 4 01:46:41 UTC 2011

Hello Noisebridge!

This Thursday, May 5th at 7PM will be the second Noisebridge: In-Depth, a
monthly lecture series and round table happening at your favorite
hackerspace.

Many people like to attend conferences, but how many get a chance to see
what happens behind the scenes? In this talk, aestetix will cover the
fundamentals of what anyone should know to create and maintain a successful
event, including promotion, establishing and building reputation, and, if
it's a recurring event, how to keep it running without going stale. He'll
draw from lessons learned in the electronic music community, his experience
working with the HOPE conference in New York City, as well as his own
Noisebridge creation, "Five Minutes of Fame," a loose San Francisco flavored
adaptation of "Lightning Talks."

aestetix has been fucking with computers since the mid 1980s when his family
got an Apple ][c. I've been online since around 1994. . During high school I
ran the now-defunct AllFreeStuff.com in lieu of a social life, where I
learned a lot about how to manage a business. Now I spend a lot of time
doing independent research. My current passions are cryptography, artificial
intelligence, and ice cream. Please check out my website for more info
http://www.aestetix.net/