[Noisebridge-announce] Andriod / Arduino hacking anyone? -- Sunday, 3pm, at Noisebridge

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Mon May 30 20:38:59 UTC 2011

CORRECTION -- Sunday, 5-June   (doh!)

From: maltman23 at hotmail.com
To: noisebridge-announce at lists.noisebridge.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 13:21:31 -0700
Subject: [Noisebridge-announce] Andriod / Arduino hacking anyone? -- Sunday, 3pm, at Noisebridge

A couple of weeks ago Google announced the ability for Android to connect with Arduino to be used as a cheap, easy-to-use hardware development platform.  Google then created ADK (Android Development Kit, based on Arduino), which is not cheap -- but they gave a bunch away for free at the Maker Faire last weekend.
http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/usb/adk.html
and
http://arduino.cc/blog/2011/05/10/google-launches-android-open-accessory-development-kit-based-on-arduino/

Since most of us are relatively clueless on how to hack Android phones, or how to connect them to Arduino to do cool things, a bunch of us are getting together next Sunday to put our collective heads together to see how to make it all work on our Android phones.

It is likely that a Google employee and Android developer will be joining us to help out.

When: Sunday, 5-May, 3pm
Where: Noisebridge 2169 Mission St., 3rd floor
What: get our Android phones to play with Arduino (including the Google ADK)
Who: anyone (regardless of skill level) who cares to join in the fun

Please fee free to pass this along to anyone who may be interested.

Mitch.