[Noisebridge-announce] Circuit Hacking Monday, November 21, 2011, 7PM-10PM

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 22:20:57 UTC 2011

Rolf and I will be at Noisebridge tonight for Circuit Hacking Monday!

Circuit Hacking Monday is a great chance to learn how to solder, learn
about electronics, and/or learn about Noisebridge.
It is perfectly fine if you've never soldered before!

CHM is primarily about helping people make cool kits (listed below), but
you are welcome to come and work on your own project, fix something, or get
familiar with the noisebridge electronics lab.  You can use our tools, get
help, or give help with others playing with and making projects.

Where: Noisebridge, 3rd floor of 2169 Mission, San Francisco, 94110
  One and a half blocks South of 16th St. Mission BART Station.

When: Monday November 21st from 1900-2200 hours.
 Just show up!  No reservation is needed.
 Most projects take about 1 to 2 hours.

Who: You! It is fun to make things in the friendly community of Noisebridge.

Cost: Instruction is Free!

 If you want one of the following kits, reimbursement for the kit price is
requested.
 (kit prices are $10 to $35, depending on kit)

All kits are designed for total beginners to complete successfully.

Some of the kits available:

 Larry Ogrodnek's 'Hi My Name is badges' kit (you may have seen me wearing
mine)
 Brain Machine (Meditate, Hallucinate, and Trip Out!)
 Mignonette Game (build your own handheld game console!)
 Trippy RGB Waves (interac tive blinky lights!)
 LEDcube (animated 3D cube of LEDs!)
 MiniPOV (more cool blinky lights!)
 microcontroller programmers (program all your AVR family chips!)
 Boarduinos (solderless breadborad arduino!)
 Open Heart (animate fun patterns in the shape of a heart!)
 LoL Shield (Lots of LEDs for your Arduino!)
 Diavolinos (shield compatible arduinos from Evil Mad Science!)

And more.

-Ronald Miloh Alexander

PS:
More info is available on the above kits at:

http://www.CornfieldElectronics.com <http://www.cornfieldelectronics.com/>
http://www.adafruit.com
http://www.appliedplatonics.com
http://www.jimmieprodgers.com