[Noisebridge-announce] Sunday Arduino series at The Crucible starting October 30

Michael Shiloh michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 02:51:48 UTC 2011

I'm teaching a 5 week Arduino class series at The Crucible starting
Sunday October 20. I have taught this class for 2 or 3 years, as well as
teaching Arduino, electronics, and electromechanics at colleges and
universities in the San Francisco Bay Area.

This class requires no prior experience with electronics, computers, or
programming. I will teach you all of this, as well as how to work with
Arduino to create smart art and interactive objects and environments.

The price includes your own Arduino, breadboard, motors, sensors, and
various other accessories.

Please contact me directly if you have any questions.

Arduino Microcontrollers: Building Smart Art - Fall 2011 - Section B
Sundays 10-1pm
Oct 30-Dec 4
No class: 11/27/11
Duration: 5 sessions
Price: $290

Register at The Crucible at http://bit.ly/ouqJp9

Here is the class description from the catalog:

Arduino is an open-source electronics platform based on flexible,
easy-to-use hardware and software. It is perfect for artists, designers,
hobbyists and anyone interested in making intelligent creations that can
sense and act in the real world. The types of sensors and actuators
possible are nearly limitless.

Starting with basic electronics and programming, we thoroughly review
Arduino’s hardware and software features. Plenty of hands-on lab time
deepens your understanding and enables you to create interactions of
your own. Personal projects are encouraged and welcomed. A laptop
computer is required. We have a very small number of loaners available,
please contact us if you need to use one. Arduino board and accessories
are provided.