[Noisebridge-announce] hear ye hear ye, Noisebridge board elections

Danny O'Brien danny at spesh.com
Thu Jan 26 04:39:36 UTC 2012

On the 31st of January, at 8PM, in the year of our Emperor Norton 153,
Noisebridge will hold its Broadly Irrelevant Board Elections at our
Officious Annual General Membership Meeting. All members in good
standing are encouraged to turn up to vote. If you don't know whether
you're a member in good standing, pay your dues to our treasurer before
the 31st, and you will be.

Leif, our electionmaster for this brief voyage into the exigencies of
democracy, will shortly email with more details about how you can vote
in abstentia and how our fresh new voting process, approval voting, will
work. In the meantime, here is a list of the candidates, in
alphabeticonumerological order:

https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/2012_board_nominations

You are encouraged to pester the candidates on noisebridge-discuss with
queries about their future intentions towards your hackerspace, in reply
to this message.

NOTE: As has been stated several times very clearly, NON-HUMAN
SENTIENCES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA FOR BOARD
MEMBERSHIP or VOTING RIGHTS. The hominids in the Noisebridge
organization are VERY SORRY about this but there is NOTHING THEY CAN DO.

If you are approach by bots on IRC wishing to discuss your voting or
robots picketing the space, please IGNORE THEM. NO GOOD CAN COME OF IT.

Yours in carbon-based comradery,

the Noisebridge Secretary