[Noisebridge-announce] Frontend Web Development, Monday 8pm: Backend Web Development!

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 18:10:58 UTC 2012

Monday's class is all about the seedy underbelly of web development: the backend! We'll be talking about HTTP, web servers (like Apache), preprocessor languages (like PHP and ERB), web frameworks (like Rails), and databases (like SQLite). Sound daunting? Well, it kind of is, but this 2-hour session should alleviate a small portion of your fears!

No preparation is required for this class. If you want to run a web server locally without much setup, I suggest bringing a UNIX-based laptop, like a Mac, or a PC running Linux. If you previously set up a site at NearlyFreeSpeech.NET, that will also do. https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/

The class starts at 8pm and goes until 10pm!

Newcomers are always welcome! If you're new, please arrive at 7:30pm when I will try my best to teach you what you need to know to understand the rest of the lesson.

As always, this class and the space in which it's taught is entirely free to attend. Please bring a laptop. Read all the details here:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Frontend_Web_Development

I've decided to have one more class after this, where we're going to build another site from a mockup and host it, and relate each aspect to previous classes we've had. Stay tuned for more info next week.

Jeffrey